Río Verde 1-Day
A hidden gem of emerald waters and diverse populations of birds and butterflies (one of the most highly-concentrated regions in Colombia), the Río Verde is an ideal place for nature lovers. Starting in the town of Boquerón, 40 km east of Cocorná, we hike one hour down a dirt road, with a donkey to carry most of our gear, and begin our adventure downriver; the rapids increasing in size as the river grows in in volume. Lunch on fiambre, a local specialty wrapped in banana leaf, and take in the delights of the Río Verde.
- Pick up from our office location 7:30 am
- From Medellin or Guatape 6 am
- Drive 1 hour to San Francisco
- 12pm – 1 pm lunch in rio verde
- Off of the river 4-5pm
- Back to Freak’n Creek’n office 6 pm