A mentor is an experienced person who shares his knowledge, on a not-for-profit basis, with others within his community who are less experienced to help them grow in their lives on a daily basis. The mentor's mission is to act as a guide and increase the talents of the faithful, both personally and professionally.
The objective of a Jewish mentor
The main objectives of a mentor is to foster the personal, emotional and professional development of the faithful by sharing with them his knowledge, expertise and experience.
The mentor-faithful relationship is built on trust and mutual respect and effective communication, and involves both parties meeting on an ongoing basis to exchange ideas, discuss family or work experiences and set goals to accomplish.
Requirements to be a mentor
- Want to help on a voluntary basis, sharing their experiences and knowledge with a mentee.
- Be people with a professional background and who are role models within the communities.
- Sufficient time availability
What defines a mentor
- Be patient. People learn at different rates.
- Be diplomatic. Tact and diplomacy are vitally important.
- Be loyal and not betray confidences.
- Be respectful. Everyone is different. The mentor respects the differences with the faithful.
- Be flexible. Not everything happens as planned. You have to be able to adapt to different situations and also accept the fact that the member you are helping may make a decision with which you may disagree.
Benefits to the community
- Develop a culture of personal and professional growth in the community.
- Share desirable behaviors and attitudes with the faithful.
- Improve family leadership skills.
- Enhance the skills of all members of the Jewish community.
- To interest, retain and develop followers.
Where to train as a spiritual leader?
Simchat Torah Beit Midrash with its online classes on Judaism will help you get there. It will show you what it takes to live as a leader. It will give you the tools to say, "I can do this. I may face problems while I'm on the journey, but I know exactly what I can rely on to get me to the end." Honestly, there's so much that could be said right now, but if there was just one thing I could share with you ... Let's just say that daily investment is key.
Dare to learn about Judaism and leadership online. Visit our website https://stbm.org/ or call our phone line 1-866-867-2488. Start your online Judaism classes today.
With whom will you learn to be a spiritual leader?
Ralph Messer is a dynamic public speaker, an influential teacher, a compelling author, a successful businessman and an entrepreneur. His educational background includes degrees in accounting and business administration.
He is also the founder and president of Simchat Torah Beit Midrash®, an organization that has developed digital platforms, specializing in learning and expertise about the Jewish faith.
Ralph is committed to raising awareness about the importance of Israel, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and the Israeli-Jewish culture and lifestyle, as all are an integral part of a country that is now becoming the next.Jewish Mentor