Río Verde 2-Day
A hidden gem of emerald waters and diverse populations of birds and butterflies (one of the most highly-concentrated regions in Colombia), the Río Verde is an ideal place for nature lovers. Relish in its verdant beauty over the course of two days, with time to relax and explore–options include a waterfall hike and spearfishing at night, weather permitting.
Starting in the town of Boquerón, 40 km east of Cocorná, we hike one hour down a dirt road, with a donkey to carry most of our gear, and begin our adventure downriver; the rapids increasing in size as the river grows in volume. Dine under the stars, sleep in a jungle hammock, and wake up to the sounds of the river that will carry you onward.
- Pick up from our office location 10 am
- From Medellin or Guatape 8 am
- Drive 45 mins to Rio Verde put in
- 12pm – 1 pm lunch in rio verde
- Setting up camp 4-5pm
- Breakfast served at 8 am
- Back on the water 9-10 am
- Snack at waterfall or on beach 12 pm
- Arrive at finish 1-3pm
- Back to Freak’n Creek’n office 6 pm